A photo I think you might like. We met this boy in Khalis which is just
north of Baqubah. I spoke to him about what he had learned in school
that day. He said "English" and then recited the alphabet. I immediately
thought him worthy of a Madaras soccer ball. As always, I have my
interpreter explain who Nick was and the significance of the soccer
balls. He was very excited about getting the ball and took off with two
of his friends to play.
Thanks again for everything have done and continue to do.
H. Charles Hodges Jr.
Lieutenant Colonel, Infantry
1st Battalion, 23rd Infantry Regiment
Task Force Tomahawk
FOB Grizzly, Iraq
A collection of letters and emails from around the world as well as links to related sites.
LTC Charles Hodges
Links to Related Sites:
- Nicholas Madaras Memorial Site www.NicholasMadaras.com
- Homes For The Brave www.homesforthebrave.org
- Wilton Rotary Club www.WiltonRotaryClub.org
- The American Legion www.Legion.org
- Major League Soccer www.mlsnet.com
- Connecticut Junior Soccer Association www.cjsa.org
- FC Unity - a London-based international not-for-profit organisation which aims to provide a platform for development and education through a series of football-based programmes.
FC Unity Home, News, Partners